GreatAt users agree to this policy.
This Policy applies only to information collected on or through the Platform. It does not apply to information collected or obtained by or through any other means (including, without limitation, information collected offline, in person, over the telephone and/or by mail, or from third parties outside the Platform). Undefined capitalized terms used herein shall have the definitions as set forth in our Terms of Service.
Information We Collect
We may collect and store information about you in various ways. For example, we may collect information that you provide to us, information that we automatically collect through your use of the Platform, information that we collect via social networking sites, and from publicly available sources or non-affiliated third parties.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
When you use the Platform, you may be invited to provide information to us. For example, GreatAt may collect the following illustrative (but not exhaustive) types of information from you when you use the Platform.
- Account registration information;
- Information related to when you request a quote or other information and/or submit or respond to a quote;
- Purchase information;
- Information related to User Content;
- Information related to when you participate in polls or surveys or enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion
- Your request to receive email newsletters or other communications or fill out any forms;
- Your use of User Content on or through the Platform;
- If download or use one of our mobile applications; or
- When you otherwise communicate with us or other users through the Platform.
The information you provide directly to us may concern you or others and may include, but is not limited to: (a) name; (b) home, business or mailing address; (c) home or business telephone number; (d) email address; (e) birthdate; (f) demographic information (e.g., gender, age, political preference, education, race or ethnic origin, and other information relevant to user surveys and/or offers); (g) social security number; (h) geolocation information; (i) photographs or videos; (j ) information about what you are great at; (k) in certain circumstances, payment and/or identity verification information ; and/or (m) any other content you include in private communications with other U sers through the Platform or communications with us. It may also include information specific to services you are requesting or offering through the Platform, such as a business name, service description, location, qualifications, and credentials. You are not required to provide us with such information, but certain features of the Platform may not be accessible or available, absent the provision of the requested information.
You may also provide certain financial account information to receive or make a payment, including bank account and/or credit card information. This information is collected and stored by our payment processing partners. We do not access, store or collect your financial account or credit card information.
Information That Is Collected Automatically and/or Passively
In addition to the information you provide to us directly, we may automatically collect information about your use of the Platform as follows:
- Websites. When you use our websites, we may collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Platform, software and hardware attributes (including device type and IDs), referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the terms you use in searches on our sites, the date and time you used the Platform and upload or post content, error logs, and other similar information.
- Use of our email updates: When you receive an email update from us, we may collect information related to whether you open the update, and what content you select to view via the update.
- Location Information: When you use the Platform, we and our service providers may automatically collect location information, including general location information (e.g., IP address, city/state and or zip code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device. If you access the Platform through a mobile device, we may also ask your permission to collect your precise geo-location information. The Platform uses this location information to provide customized location-based services, content, promotional offers and other information that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to have specific geo-location information collected and used by us and our service providers, you may disable the location features on your device. Please see your device manufacturer settings. Please note that if you disable such features, you may not be able to access or receive some or all of the services, content, features and/or products made available via the Platform.
- Collection of Information across personal devices, and applications: Sometimes, we (or our service providers) may use the information we collect -- for instance, log-in credentials, IP addresses and unique mobile device identifiers -- to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or computer), or work with providers that do this, in order to better tailor content and features and provide you with a seamless experience across devices. If you wish to opt out of cross-device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your Android or Apple device-based settings.
Information from Affiliates, Social Networking Sites, and other Non-affiliated Third Parties
We may collect information about you or others through our affiliates or through non-affiliated third parties. For instance, the Platform can be accessed by you through a Third-Party Account, such as Facebook. In such case, you may allow us to have access to certain information in your Third-Party Account profile. This may include your public profile, name, user IDS, gender, profile picture, list of friends, location, date of birth, email address, photos, videos, people you follow and/or who follow you, your work and education history, hometown, current city, and/or your posts, "likes" or other Third -Party Account Content.
Facebook and other social networking services have their own policies concerning the collection, use, sharing, and protection of your information. GreatAt does not have any control over how any third-party site uses or discloses the information they collect about you.
We may also collect information about you or others through non-affiliated third parties. For instance, as permitted by law, we may request and collect information to verify your identity or trustworthiness, information to prevent fraud or maintain the safety the Platform, or information about your credit from a credit bureau or other background check service. We may combine information that we collect from you through the Platform with information that we obtain from such third parties and information derived from any other products or services we provide.
Cookies and Other Technologies
In conjunction with the gathering of data through cookies, Web servers may log records such as your device type, operating system type, device advertising identifier, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The Web server logs also may record the address of the Web page that referred you to our website, the IP address (and associated city and state or province for the IP address) of the device you use to connect to the Internet, and data about your interaction with our website, such as which pages you visit.
We may use advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Platform and about GreatAt on other websites you visit and other applications you use. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, your location, information you enter such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
We may use third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Google Analytics, DoubleClick and others) to help deliver these tailored advertising on other websites and in mobile applications. These third parties may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about your use of the Platform as discussed above and may access these cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the Platform in order to serve these tailored advertisements.
We may use third-party service providers for mobile application analytics. Each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. We do not control how the applicable platform operator allows you to control receiving personalized in-application advertisements; thus, you should contact the platform provider for further details on opting out of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the device settings for the respective operating systems to opt-out of tailored in-app advertisements. You can also opt out of some interest-based advertising on your mobile device by downloading the Truste Privacy App available at: https://www.truste.com/consumer-resources/privacy-app/.
DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS AND SIMILAR MECHANISMS.
We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations, and solutions.
HOW GREATAT USES THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use your information for any of the following reasons:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To enable you to use the services available through the Platform, including registering you for our services, verifying your identity and authority to use the Platform, performing risk assessments on background checks and payments;
- For customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
- To periodically send promotional emails regarding new GreatAt products, services and special offers from GreatAt, or other information that we believe may interest you;
- For internal record-keeping purposes;
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, or contests;
- To process billing and payment including sharing with third-party payment service providers in connection with the Platform;
- To improve and maintain the Platform and for product development;
- To deliver both contextual and tailored advertisements to you;
- To address fraud or safety concerns, or to investigate complaints or suspected fraud or wrongdoing;
- With your consent, to contact you by telephone or text message regarding Platform services or information you have requested;
- To perform market research, including, but not limited to, the customization of the Platform according to your interests;
- To contact you about goods and services that may interest you or with information about your use of the Platform;
- For other research and analytical purposes; and
- To resolve disputes, to protect ourselves and other users of the Platform, and to enforce any legal terms that govern your use of the Platform.
We may combine information that we collect from you through the Platform with information that we obtain from affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties, and information derived from any other products or services we provide.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Platform. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes and may also share such data with any third parties, including without limitation, advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others.
We may, either directly or through third parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyze your communications with other users exchanged via the Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we may scan and analyze messages to prevent fraud or improper actions. We may also scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings. By using the Platform, you consent that GreatAt, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through third parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
SHARING OR DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
The following provides information about entities with whom we may share information. Our practices may vary depending on the type of information.
Affiliates: We may share information with our affiliates.
Service Providers: We may share information with third parties that help us operate our business and provide our services, such as contractors that provide us with technology, services, data or content, such as sale, marketing, billing, market research, advertising, analytics, identity verification, fraud and safety protection and legal and accounting services.
App Store Providers: We may provide your identity and mobile device identifier to third-party app store providers (for example, the Apple App Store) to allow you to download our mobile apps.
Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Users and Services . We may share information when we believe that doing so is necessary to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of GreatAt, our employees or agents or users, or to comply with applicable law or legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities.
Business Transfers: We may transfer the information we hold in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (such as in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation) or take steps in anticipation of such a transaction.
Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share aggregated or de-identified data without restriction.
Otherwise with Your Consent or at Your Direction: In addition to the sharing described in this Policy, we may share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
Please be advised that some information you provide will be publicly accessible. For example, the information in your Profile, such as your name, photo, video, and information about what you are great at is publicly accessible on the Platform. If you register through Facebook, the Platform will use the name associated with your Facebook account. Your name (full name, or in some instances, your first name and last initial) may be visible to other users. Depending on the circumstances, your name may be attached to other information, such as reviews about what you are great at. Certain other people, including other users with whom you have interacted via the Platform, will see information about you that is attached to your name. For example, others can see your ‘Seller Rating’, the number of ‘Reviews’ you have received, and the content of those reviews.
We invite you to post User Content on or through our Platform, including, but not limited to, your comments, pictures, and any other information. However, please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. If you choose to post User Content on or through the Platform, such as composing a review of your experience with a Seller, that User Content (a) may be or may become publicly available; (b) may be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge; and (c) may be used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
The Platform is not designed for minors under 18. Only persons 18 years of age or older may use the Platform. If we discover that an individual under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will close the account and delete the personal information to the extent required by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. We may, where permitted by law, retain certain information internally for purposes described in this Policy.
We take technical and organizational measures to protect your data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. These measures vary depending on the sensitivity of the information we have collected from you. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is absolutely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SERVICES
The Platform contains links to third-party websites such as social media sites, and may also contain third-party plug-ins (such as the Facebook “like” button and Twitter “follow” button). If you choose to use these sites or features, you may disclose your information not just to those third-parties, but also to their users and the public more generally depending on how their services function. Because these third-party websites and services are not operated by GreatAt, GreatAt is not responsible for the content or practices of those websites or services. The collection, use, and disclosure of your personal and other information will be subject to the privacy policies of the third party websites or services, and not this Policy. We urge you to read the privacy and security policies of these third-parties.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
GreatAt does not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure. If you have any questions regarding this policy or would like to change your preferences, you may contact us at greatat.com/contact.
HOW TO ACCESS OR UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION & OTHER PRIVACY CHOICES AVAILABLE TO YOU
Manage Your Account Information. You may modify your account information by accessing the Settings area of your GreatAt account.
Email Promotions & Text Messages. You may opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by following the instructions contained in those email messages. You may opt-out of receiving text messages from us by replying to a text from us with the words “STOP”, “QUIT”, or “UNSUBSCRIBE.” You will not be able to opt-out of transactional or relationship email messages related to the management of your account and customer support.
Cookies and Other Automated Technologies. For information about opt-out options relating to data collected using cookies and other automated technologies (e.g., for analytics), please review the hyperlinks in the “Online Analytics,” section of this Policy, above.
INTERNATIONAL USERS AND CONSENT TO TRANSFER
Our computer systems are currently based in the United States, so your personal data will be processed by us in the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Union. If you create an Account with the Platform as a visitor from outside the United States, by using the Platform, you agree to this Policy and you consent to the transfer of all such information to the United States, which may not offer a level of protection equivalent to that required in the European Union or certain other countries, and to the processing of that information as described in this Policy.
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS POLICY